Journey-level Continuing Education

Education never quits….

Puget Sound Electrical JATC offers Continuing Education classes for all journey-level workers.  We believe that education is a career long process and offer a wide variety of opportunities to continue to learn as a journey-level worker.

State Licensing Requirements

The Washington State Department of Labor & Industries requires licensed journey-level workers to obtain a total of twenty-four  (24) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in order to renew your electrical license. There are two mandatory classes you must have to renew your license. Of the twenty-four (24) CEUs credits, eight (8) must be from the current NEC Update class, and four (4) must be a RCW/WAC rules class. The remaining twelve (12) credits can be any class(es) that are approved by the Department of Labor and Industries. We offer a selection of classes to meet those requirements.  Check out the current CEU class schedule.



How do I know what classes are being offered?

Click here for the latest journey class schedule.

How can I sign up for classes?

If you already have an account with PSEJATC , then click the Trade School link and sign in with your email and password.

If you do not have an account, you can create an account here. Make sure your IBEW Local 46 member id number that is on your dues receipt is included in your account information. If you do not have your IBEW information entered, you will be charged the non-member tuition fee for the class.


I'm an IBEW Local 46 member, why was I charged tuition fees?

Make sure your IBEW Local 46 member id number (found on your dues receipt) is in your JATC account information. If it is missing, please add it to your account information and then contact the JATC office 425-228-1777 to get a refund for the tuition costs.

What if I need to cancel my CEU class registration?

If you cannot make a class you have signed up for, then call the JATC office 425-228-1777 to let us know you will not be attending.

How soon will my CEU credit be posted?

The Department of Labor and Industries allows credit to be posted for classes up to 30-days after the class. PSEJATC will post credit within a couple of days after the end of the class.  We advise that you take your CEU classes well in advance of your license renewal date.

How do I know how many CEUs I have on record with the State?

You can look up your class record on the Labor and Industries website – Verify a Contractor, Tradesperson or Business.

Enter your name in the Search

Click on your name.

At the bottom of the page is where your class information that is on file will be located.