Quote icon
Sean C. Graduated Apprentice

Applying to the apprenticeship was a great choice. I now have a life-long career that is satisfying and interesting.

FAQs / Applying

How do I apply?

Applications are completed online. There is a $75.00 application fee that must be paid to start the application. Once you start, you have 60-days to complete your application and submit the required documentation.

What if I don’t complete my application or meet the requirements within 60-days?

If you do not complete your application within 60-days, your application will be closed, and you will need to complete a new application.

How do I submit my documents?

Documents can be submitted via mail or placed in the secure “Night Drop” located to the right of the JATC front doors.

If submitting via mail, please send to:

Application Processing
550 SW 7th St
Renton, WA 98057-2917

If I live in another state, can I still apply?

YES, however, you may be required to travel to Washington for testing and/or interview.

I was not able to print my Substance Abuse policy or Background check form, how can I get copies?

Forms can be printed here:
Substance Abuse Policy
Background Check


What if I do not meet the Math/Algebra requirement?

You can either take an Algebra course through a local college or complete the Electrical Training Alliance Online Tech Math .

Do I need to have a driver’s license?

YES. You must provide a copy of a valid driver’s license. ID cards will not be accepted. If you live in the State of Washington, you must have a valid Washington license. Out of state applicants can apply with a license from the state in which they reside.

FAQs / Transcripts

How do I submit an official transcript?

For a transcript to be considered official, it must come in a sealed envelope from the school or be sent directly to PSEJATC by a 3rd party transcript service such as Parchment, eScripts or Student Clearinghouse. Please contact your school to obtain an official transcript.

What if I went to school in another country?

Foreign transcripts must be translated and notarized by a professional translation service. Copies will be accepted.

Can I have the school email a transcript?

No. Electronic transcripts must come directly from a 3rd party transcript service.

Can I submit an emailed transcript if it came from a 3rd party service to my email first?

No. For the transcript to be official, it needs to come directly from the 3rd party service to PSEJATC.

What if I got an official transcript mailed to me, but I accidentally opened it?

Once opened, the transcript becomes unofficial, and you will need to request a new one.

My transcript says, “Integrated Math”, will that meet the math requirement?

Yes, one (1) full year of Integrated Math with a grade of “C” or better, will meet the math requirement for all three (3) programs.

What happens if I took Algebra, but the course name on the transcript does not say Algebra?

You must have your school provide a course description for the class.

Can I submit my diploma as proof of graduation?

No, diplomas are not accepted. You must provide an official high school transcript showing proof of graduation or GED.

I have applied before; do I still need to submit a transcript?

We will keep transcripts on file for one (1) year. If it has been less than one (1) year since you first applied, please contact the JATC to verify that we still have your transcript. If it has been more than one (1) year, you will need to submit a new transcript.