550 SW 7th St. Renton, WA 98057 | p 425.228.1777 | f 425.228.1778

Apprentice FAQ

What do I do if my training card is expired?
Get to the nearest L&I office or computer and get it renewed. This won't hurt you too badly if you're unemployed, but you never know when dispatch will call you. If you're working, any hours worked under an expired trainee card will not count towards hours reported to Labor and Industries.

I renewed my training card online, but L&I says it won't be activated until I get 48 CEU's.
We need to hear from you as soon as possible. We will post credit for you. Then L&I will send your card. However, you have 30 days from the time you renewed (without getting an extra charge) to turn in an Affidavit of Experience form. We will start that paperwork when we hear from you.

Do I have to turn in a timesheet if I am not working?
YES!!! As long as you are classified as an active PSEJATC apprentice, a monthly time card is required. Time cards are due by the 10th day after the end of every month.

I don't remember my SSCC ID#?
Call us or SSCC at 206-934-7938

When do I turn in a "Raise Due" request?
Turn in a "Raise Due" timesheet approximately three weeks before you reach the raise requirement.

Do I need to turn in my layoff slip?
Yes, if you are laid-off or discharged from work, you have 3 business days to be put on the out-of-work book.

Timesheets are due when?
Every month between the 1st and the 10th