550 SW 7th St. Renton, WA 98057 | p 425.228.1777 | f 425.228.1778

Applicant FAQ

Applying for Apprenticeship

What are the minimum requirements needed to submit a completed application? 

-Must be at least 18 years of age.

-Must be a high school graduate or have a GED, OR have a two-year Associate Degree or higher.

-Must meet the math requirement: Inside Wireman applicants must show evidence of completion (with a "C" or better) of one full year of high school algebra or one post high school algebra course, or provide evidence of having completed the NJATC Math course with a minimum score of 75%. Residential and Sound & Communication applicants must show evidence of completion (with a "C" or better) of one year of high school basic math.

-Possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver's License.

Can I pick up a paper application to fill out?

 No, all applications are submitted online. You may use the computers in our lobby on weekdays between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.

How long after submitting my application is it valid?

60 days. After this point, you must reapply.

Submitting a Completed Application

How do I know that my application was actually submitted?

You will need to login to your account and check on the status of your application.

What documents do I need to submit for my apprenticeship application?

-Official, sealed copies of your high school and/or college transcripts or GED scores if applicable.

-Valid Washington State Driver's License.

-Completed background check form.
-Signed Substance Abuse Policy.

May I submit my high school diploma in place of my transcripts?

No. You must submit an official, sealed copy of your high school transcript.

What if I graduated from a different country?

We can accept transcripts from a different country as long as they have been translated into the English language. They must also show a graduation date.

May I submit additional documents, such as license(s), letter of recommendations, or a resume to be included with my application?

Yes. You may submit a resume, college transcripts, proof of other training or certifications, proof of military experience, etc.